""

Blogger news

Royalty Free Images

Monday 15 April 2013

The unnamed Heroes


We have couple of experiences in our life when we come across a situation when an unknown person has been a Hero in our life. I share two such instances here.
Firstly, I would narrate my experience- I was in 1st year, appearing for my engineering exams. I left my home at 8.30 on my two-wheeler, for the chemistry university exam. I was just on schedule, mentally revising all that I had studied till late night the day before. On a busy square in my way, I had to stop for a red signal. An overloaded auto was going by, but somehow the driver lost balance and steered towards my Activa. It hit the front wheel of my Acitiva, and as I was waiting for the signal, I easily left my vehicle as soon as the auto hit it. Activa fell on ground, I jumped aside. The auto rider disappeared from the scene in seconds, I was in a state of shock… people had gathered around me… I lifted my Activa with the help of a person and tried starting it. The engine started but the moped did not move… I was in frenzy, had to reach exam hall within 15 mins, but my vehicle dint budge. Just then a man came from the crowd while most people had left while some simple stood there and stared, but this gentleman started pulling the mudguard of the front wheel using his bare hands. It took him a great deal of effort to pull the metal outwards from both sides which were hindering the motion of the wheel. And finally, my active moved!! I thanked the man in a hurry and reached the center 15 mins late…did a while lot of explaining to the examiner and finally wrote the paper. If it was not for this gentleman, I would not have reached there on time and may be had to appear for that paper after 6 months!!! I always feel indebted to this man. I regret that I dint ask his name and could not thank him enough for the efforts he took for an unknown girl!! He is a Hero in my eyes!!
Secondly, I would like to share an experience from my friend’s life. Reshma had come to Mumbai on a couple of months ago. And she had to go to her Aunt’s place in south Mumbai. As she stayed in Powai, going by local trains was an obvious choice. She had little experience, so she asked a lady about the next train arriving on the station which would go to Parel. The lady told her the platform no and Reshma went to that platform, got onto the local train. But she failed to notice that she got onto a general bogie instead of a lady’s special bogie. It was a busy hour and got even more crowded at the next stop. And seeing a girl alone in such jam-packed train compartment, few boys took advantage of the situation and started pushing her on purpose and bothering her. Another boy was standing nearby saw this, and he came in front of Reshma and enveloped her in a way that the wall of the compartment was against her back, the boy in front with his hands on the walls so that no one could push her side ways. He only asked her the station she wanted to get down. Entire way he was standing rock solid, endured the pushing and pulling; and protected her without touching her even once. When she reached Parel, he asked her to always take ladies compartment from next time onward. Reshma thanked him and wished the best for him. I salute this guy for being sensitive and chivalrous to an unknown lady. He is a Hero in his own way!!
It makes me happy that I have such things to share. I salute all the men who have at some point or other helped a lady in the hour of need even without being asked for help. We respect and thank you from the depths of our heart. You are the real Heroes!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want some regular blogs.........

Post a Comment